Tuesday, June 3, 2008

HI HO...HI HO...It's Back to Work I Go!!

Yesterday was my first official day back at work! Yes, Malachi is only 2 weeks old. BUT...Keep in mind, he's at daycare with Lolli all day, so I don't have anything to worry about! Actually, I'm only working part time this week. I'm coming in from 8:00-12:00 this week just to try to get used to being back and getting back into a routine! It's been nice to get up and put make-up on for a reason and get out of the house! We both needed me to get out for our sanity!

I think we may be figuring out Malachi's routine (which will have to change soon...) He seems to get fussy every night around 10:00 and stays fussy until around 1:00. So, last night we tried feeding him a really good bottle at about 9:30. He ate about 2 1/2 oz (1/2 oz more than normal) and STILL kept Thomas up until 1:00. (It was his night to stay up) So, tonight, we're going to try to feed him and then give him a bath to see if that calms him down and relaxes him. I think we'll just keep trying different combinations until we can get him straightened out!

He's staying awake for a lot longer now, so we're having a lot of fun watching him and interacting with him. I read yesterday that babies will mimic even at this early age. So, last night while he was awake, but really quiet, I sat down with my legs up and put him on my thighs so he was sitting up looking at me. I stuck my tongue out for a while just to see if he would get it, and sure enough, he finally figured out what he was looking at and his tongue started moving in and out of his mouth. It was pretty neat. I find it absolutely incredible that God has created such complex creatures and chosen to give them to us in such perfect little packages!

Our showers are this weekend and we're super excited! I have a shower for work on Friday and Thomas gets to come to it (since a lot of the people there will be men anyway.) Then, Saturday, my Aunt Gradena, along with Malachi's loving aunts and cousins have planned what I have heard is going to be a BLOWOUT! I don't know any details, but I know that I'm going to have a BLAST!!! Thanks to Aunt Gradena, by the way, for watching Malachi Sunday night so Thomas and I could go to Logan's graduation ceremony at church!

I also have to congratulate my little brother on his high school graduation! I'm so proud of him! Logan is planning on going to AC and then WT and wants to pursue a degree in criminal justice. He's looking to go into Federal Law Enforcement. While part of me could not be more proud of him, part of me is scared for him since I've worked with Federal Law Enforcement and I know it's a rough rough crowd! But, if that's the path that God has chosen for him, I will support him 100%!

No comments: