Monday, October 20, 2008

5 months already?!?

Malachi turned 5 months old last week. 5 months? 5 whole months? Yep - it's true! And looking back at some old pictures, it's apparent to me that my baby really is growing up! He's laughing and talking, he's holding his head up, keeping himself entertained, chewing on everything he can find and he's even started getting upset when we leave the room.

**Disclaimer**
I'm feeling very nostalgic today! I can't be held responsible for endless (maybe even mindless) jabberjawing that may take place.
**Disclaimer**


It seems like everywhere I look lately, I see children. Little defenseless children who are depending upon their parent (s) for guidance, for warmth, for safety, for EVERYTHING. It makes me want to grab Malachi up in my arms and NEVER let go. It's true that having a child changes your life. Each day it seems like his little eyes get a little deeper and I can see a little more of the little boy he's becoming each day!


Part of me can't wait until the first time he reaches up for me when he sees me - or the first time he calls me mama - or the first time he calls Thomas dada - or the first time he comes running to me when there are a million people around that would love to hold him! Part of me realizes though, that my little boy is growing up before my eyes and that I better cherish EVERY moment I can with him because momma's little baby is growing into momma's little boy and before I know it, he'll be momma's little man and then he'll take a wife and she'll be the most important thing in his life!! (as it should be...not that it makes it any easier)


But for now, he still depends on me. That's scary in a lot of ways because I now realize the incredible responsibility God has given me! It's our job to keep him safe and teach him the way of Christ and love him above all else! For now, I get to look into those eyes like no one else can knowing that those eyes were formed inside of my womb and that the God of Heaven put him inside of me and chose ME as Malachi's mommy.


He especially picked this little angel to give to me and I couldn't feel more blessed that I share a bond only mommy and baby can!!





I'm sure many of you have read this poem before, but it was sent to me the Monday after I had my special angel and touched me in a way I would've never understood before! Grab your kleenex and enjoy!!

A newborn's conversation with God....



A baby asked God, 'They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?' God said, 'Your angel will be waiting for you and will take care of you.' The child further inquired, 'But tell me, here in heaven I don't have to do anything but sing and smile to be happy.' God said, Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you. And you will feel your angel's love and be very happy. Again the child asked, 'And how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me if I don't know the language?' God said, 'Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak.' 'And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?' God said, 'Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray. ''Who will protect me?' God said, 'Your angel will defend you even if it means risking its life. ''But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore.' God said, 'Your angel will always talk to you about Me and will teach you the way to come back to Me, even though I will always be next to you.' At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from Earth could be heard and the child hurriedly asked, 'God, if I am to leave now, please tell me my angel's name. 'God said, 'You will simply call her, 'Mom.'



2 comments:

TheSmellyArmpit said...

HI Jamie! Thank you so much for the comment you left. It is great to find likeminded Christian mommies!!!! I didn't read the poem on this post because I almost started crying reading just the post!!! :) Hope you have a wonderful week!

Unknown said...

Awww! Baby Malachi is such a sweet little boy.

I have been getting a dose of the Mommy guilt lately...do I work too much? Do I know everything about my baby? Do I take the best care for him? How can I cram more hugs and kisses so that he knows who I am?

I can't believe Malachi is 5 months already! He is looking and acting (i watched your video) as cute as ever!