Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pray for Stellan AND our New (ish) Chandelier


You may remember me talking about Praying for Stellan here in November. He was supposed to die in the womb at 23 weeks with a terrible heart condition, but through the fervent prayer of thousands of blog-reading Christians, God performed a miracle and gave MckMama her precious baby boy back. He was born full-term without ANY heart problems...or so we thought. Stellan is now 3 months old and is TERRIBLY sick in the hospital. He has Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT) and his heartrate remains in the mid to upper 200s. I have joined a prayer vigil and will be praying for Stellan exclusively from 5:00a.m. to 6:00a.m. tomorrow morning. Yes, this means I will have to get up early to pray, but can you give me a better reason to stay in bed? I didn't think so. Please pray for this precious little boy and that the Lord will have HIS way in this situation. I don't want anything that God doesn't want and I want ONLY God's will in God's time for this precious little boy. However, I am going to pray that God's will is to heal him completely. Additionally, my prayer will be that God will continue to be with his mother and father, and their 3 other children.

James 5:16b states: The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
John 9:31 states: Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
Psalm 145:19 states: He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.

***Today's Original Post which was QUICKLY pre-empted by a MUCH more important one!***
Let me start out by saying how embarrassed I am. Remember this post? Yeah - from October of 2008? 5 months ago? Remember I said I was going to re-do our Chandelier in the kitchen? Yeah, I just finished. True, we've been a little busy, but COME ON - this is ridiculous woman!

Oh well. I finally finished and I'm moderately happy. What do YOU think?

Here's a couple BEFORE shots: (Yes it really was that ugly)

And now the AFTER:


First of all, yes our chairs to our pub table are on the table - we just swept and mopped our kitchen. Our kitchen is painted yellow/gold (although it turned out more yellow than gold and I'll probably be changing it soon) and is decorated in the French Chef theme. B/W Check and Red/White Check accents.

I spray painted the chandelier itself with black high-gloss spray paint and bought 5 plain lampshades. I then got red/white grosgrain ribbon and hot glued it onto the seams of the lampshades. I cut out little black flowers and hot-glued those onto the ribbon. Then, I used a gold sharpie and put some simple decoration on each lampshade. Finally, I hot-glued the crystals to the inside. I'm not completely thrilled, but I don't hate it either and it's certainly better than what we had! This'll do until we get all of our bills paid off and can buy a new one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God Bless this child! Are you a designer or what because I like the chandelier’s new look? Anyways Excellent job!
I Buy Lights

Thomas and Jamie said...

I am horribly flattered, but no, I am not a designer - at least not professionally! I LOVE to decorate, and have decorated homes for several friends/family...but that's as far as it goes! I think the chandelier turning out so well was a fluke!

CouponAlbum said...

It's very touching post!! I have done good job on your chandelier!!