Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Resurrection Weekend

Malachi was a HIT this weekend, but even bigger than that was celebrating the resurrection of Jesus! Thursday afternoon at daycare, Lolli did resurrection eggs with all of the kids to teach them the Easter story and that put the entire weekend off to a GREAT note! Friday, mommy had to work, but the rest of the gang took Malachi, Kadi and Karter to get their Easter pictures made in their matching outfits! (You try getting three kids under the age of 4 to smile and look in the same direction! I hear it was NOT easy!) Saturday was spent chilling out at home for most of the day! It was GREAT! It rained and rained and rained a SLOW steady rain. One of my co-workers actually likened it to a slow, mountain rain! We relaxed, cleaned, caught up on laundry, napped and just had a relaxing afternoon! Then, that evening we got together and went to look at the pictures and order the ones we wanted! I'll post them as soon as I get mine! We left and headed to Lowe's to pick out some new goodies for Lolli and Pops' bathroom re-vamp. Then, we came home and colored our own Easter Eggs with the kiddos!

**Funny Story**

I had hard-boiled 8 eggs earlier in the day and brought them to Lolli's house. (3 for Karter, 3 for Kadi and 2 for Malachi) However, I didn't bring them to Lolli's house in a carton so I had to get hers out of the refrigerator. She had 3 UNBOILED eggs left so I set those off to the side when we started coloring. Without paying attention, we grabbed eggs and got busy with the kids...


Can you spot the ones that aren't boiled?


Neither could we until Kadi Jo squeezed hers a little too hard! I wish I had a picture of it. I think Aunt Kelly does and as soon as I can, I'll get that posted up here! It was HYSTERICAL! We had to shake EVERY SINGLE EGG until we figured out which 3 WEREN'T hard-boiled! But, we did and I we had a great time!!

This was only the 3rd picture - we finally got everyone looking in the right direction!! This is supposed to be a monkey for Malachi...don't hate 'cause you can't draw as good as me! (haha - bad grammar to add that extra humorous effect!)

Sunday we had a GREAT day at church! Mali got all dressed up in his Easter outfit again and it turns out, one of his buddies, Aidan was dressed just like him! (Actually, about 5 or 6 other little boys had the same outfit on with small variances!)

Aidan was born a week after Malachi and his mommy, Desri O'Connor and I grew up together! I'm happy that he'll have the same opportunity to have such good church friends as I did!


They were SO sleepy by this point!



Attempt #1 at a family picture!

...and #2...

...and #3... (Even though I think this is my favorite!)


...Close enough! Look much like daddy?


I'm fortunate - Thomas gets him to smile and I get the good picture out of it!

Up...Up...

...And Away!!!

After church we went to Lolli's house with the WHOLE family and ate LOTS of yummy sandwiches and chips and dips and desserts...WE WERE STUFFED!

Malachi even got to eat a chocolate bunny!
YUMMY


The Beginning of the End


It's good - See my tongue?




Karter and Mali!


He LOVES Chocolate!

Want a bite? Daddy looking on!


This is what happens when Uncle Jim takes my chocolate away - and I've even got it back in my hands by now!
Uncle Daniel

As you can see, it was a fun-filled weekend! We had a wonderful time all weekend and again, congratulations to Thomas who got baptized Sunday evening! It was super exciting! I'm so proud to be your wife and the mother of your beautiful baby boy!! Thank you Lord!

2 comments:

TheSmellyArmpit said...

Hey!!! I'm so glad your Easter was great! I've not been online a lot this past week and am catching up with everything. Pics are sooo cute!!!

Rachel said...

Oh wow! That is terrible... I honestly don't know if I have ever heard of that. I will be praying he feels better soon!