Thursday, July 9, 2009

First Haircut

Malachi's First Haircut!! You see, Malachi doesn't have a lot of hair, anywhere, but his curls were getting a little out of control in the back (tear - sniff - sniff) so it was time to tame them with a trim!! Of course, anyone whose been in Canyon for any length of time knows that if you're a little boy in Canyon, Texas, you have two options when it comes to getting your hair cut. One is Tim at Buffalo Barber and the other is Joe Rodriguez - the same man that cut Thomas' hair and pretty much every guy he went to school with's hair too!!

For the most part...I'll let the pictures tell you the story here with a few interjections thrown in here and there!


Okay - all of those pictures were self-explanatory, however, this one might not be so easy to figure out! When I was a little girl I would ALWAYS take my hairdresser a bag of cheetos (yeah, not sure what it is with me and cheetos) and a Dr. Pepper. ALWAYS. So, we have started the same tradition with Joe and Malachi. Joe's favorite coke is Coke and his favorite candy bar is a Payday - Hence, Malachi's first gift of a Coke and Payday to Joe the barber. The first of many!!!



And...because I forgot to take a picture of his haircut at the same time (because frankly I was trying to comfort my baby boy who was, at the time, feeling a little betrayed by his father) - here's a picture of his new haircut the next day...the 4th of July!! (That post will be coming soon!!)

6 comments:

Foursons said...

Hoppin' over from Blogfrog. I live in the town that houses Schlitterbahn. Every single one of you will have a blast and your 1year old will be fine. Put a life jacket on him and if you take him on any rides get a tube w/a bottom and hold onto the handle. They have a great kiddie park and he'll be cool all day long. Have fun!

TheSmellyArmpit said...

OH First haircuts are an adventure! whew! I haven't been on in a while with maybe moving by the end of the month and trying to find a new place to live with Daddy Magee's new job. busy busy busy! Glad to see everyone is doing great! Please pray for us if you don't mind about what we are suppose to do about what house to buy/what church to go to/etc. thank you!!! :)

Darci White said...

Poor little guy - haircuts are just hard! ;-) He is a CUTIE!!!!!!!

Robyn said...

I love the haircut pictures! I agree about the little boy club! I told Blake that I wouldn't mind just having a house full of little boys! They just steam mommy's heart!

Robyn said...

steal...not steam! :)

TheSmellyArmpit said...

Thanks so much for your support and prayers! Hope everything's going great!!!