Wednesday, February 18, 2009

100th Post!!

Wow - I've already had 100 posts? That's nuts!! I started blogging a year ago on February 6, 2008! It's crazy how much has changed since then! I catch myself going back sometimes to see how far we've come and what all we've done in the last year! But more importantly, I can't wait to see what the next 100 posts will bring to our happy family!!

Flashback!


On another, more sad note, Mommy is leaving town today for 2 1/2 days to go to a City Manager's Conference in Austin (Salado, actually.) This morning was TERRIBLY difficult for me! Last night I made all of Malachi's meals until Friday. Made sure that his clothes were SOMEWHAT organized and tried to help Thomas get as ready as possible for the week without me. You see, I'm in an interesting position. I have a husband who is COMPLETELY capable of taking care of our son without me! Even though I know that he would rather have me around, I don't worry in the LEAST about leaving the two of them alone! Thomas is an incredible father. He always makes sure that Malachi has what he needs, when he needs it. He even puts out a burp cloth/diaper at night before we go to bed for when we have to get up, so we'll be ready. He moves Malachi's high-chair into our living room for morning breakfast. He EVEN puts 30 seconds on the microwave so all we have to do is hit start when it comes time to heat up that nightly bottle. Wives, I ask you, does it get any better than this??? So, even though I have teared up more than once ALREADY today knowing that I won't see my husband or my sweet baby until Friday evening, I have NO DOUBTS that they will be just fine in my absence!

Thomas and Mali,
While I am away, you will be at the front of my thoughts. I miss you when I leave in the morning for work and I can't wait to get home in the evenings to see you both. A phone call and e-mails will have to suffice for the next 2 days, but please know, that I am missing you both terribly already and I haven't even left Amarillo yet! You are both the center of my universe and I am so thankful that God has placed you in my life and given you both to me! I have learned so much in the last 9 months about myself and about who I want to be and I owe that all to BOTH of you! I love you very very much. My life wouldn't be 1/2 of what it is now if I didn't have you in it! Please know that I am thinking of you. I'm not worried because I know you'll be just fine without me! Thomas, you are an incredible dad and I thank you for being such a good dad that I have NO worries about Malachi when I'm not there! Mali, even though you can't read this now, just know that all those hugs and kisses daddy is giving you are a result of my demanding that he do that for me! (Just don't start crawling or doing anything else fun for the next 2 days okay??) I love you both tremendously and I can't wait to see you both on Friday night!!

Love,
Mommy


4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so funny bc I had that EXACT same dress when I was prego :) Can you believe your baby boy is so big now? I love seeing the pictures of them when they were brand new and wrinkly. So cute :)

Evan and Nicole said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comments and encouragement. - This stinks! I am suppose to be taking Terbutaline orally every 4 hours, but I just hate the way it makes me feel - so I cut it down to half a pill then to none. I did fine yesterday, but as soon as I started getting thing accomplished today - I began to have cramps! ugh!!! So, frustrating so I went and laid down and took a pill. -- I completely agree you do feel so drugged! Its terrible! When did you have your little one? What week? Did they finally just tell you to stop taking everything and let the labor come on its own?

Evan and Nicole said...

Well, I called the doctor today about my medicine the terbutaline. They said I could take it as needed which is good but yes that I am on "light bedrest" - To me its not light at all - no cooking, cleaning, driving, shopping, etc. I can poke around the house. So, I guess just sit in different places, but for the most part I have to stay put. It is miserable - I just want to cry. I'm so bored and its hard because I don't have a lot of close friends here in Houston they are all in Dallas, so I miss being around people. I went and ran some errands earlier because I was under the impression i could get out but not over do it, but after talking to the nurse i guess I understood wrong. :( Though, I'm so glad now that the nursery is done. Evan is working on finishing up projects around our house, but it definitely needs to be cleaned. :( I'm thinking bout paying one of my friends to come and do it. --- I just want it to be clean. It feels gross just laying around in a dirty house. - Oh, the things you think bout when you have too much time. :) ha! The nurse said that I needed to at least stay like this till 36 weeks - so 3 more weeks, but I do want Audrey to be as healthy as possible and I want to do whatever I can to ensure that.

Evan and Nicole said...

I am not working - I was a second grade teacher and I taught in an inner city school, but I became too stressed, depressed, and miserable my first and second trimester that I had to leave. So, now I stay home which I love love love more than anything! I feel like I was made to cook, clean, keep a home, and take care of Evan. That's what I am missing the most right now:) But actually bedrest has done wonders! My swelling has gone down, I can walk soo much better, and I have soo much energy! I really do feel great!!!! :) - So, at 36 weeks did your doctor take you off bedrest and let things progress on their own? I know they said they would break your water at 5 - so did that happen while you were on bedrest?