Thursday, March 4, 2010

10 Years Ago

My bloggy friend, Sandy Hop, over at Pardon Our Dust gave me a GREAT idea for a new post. My posts lately have centered around our family and especially, our beautiful son!

However, when Sandy posted about where she was 10 years ago, I thought it would be fun to go back 10 years in MY memory bank. (P.S. If you're reading this on Thomas' facebook, obviously we have this blog set up to upload to BOTH of our facebook accounts. I'm typically the blogger of the family, so, this is written purely from MY perspective!! Maybe we can talk Thomas into writing a blog one day soon!! His last one was when I was still pregnant...hmmm, that's been long enough hasn't it?) That being said...here goes!

10 years ago, I was a senior in high school preparing for my prom with my sweetheart. I had just finished playing "Marty" in our high school musical production of "Grease!" I was getting ready to graduate high school and begin attending college at West Texas A&M University. My senior pictures were done with my precious puppy Odie (whom we lost last year...love you Odie!) My graduation announcements were sent out.

Mrs. Gwinn's Physics class was coming to an end. And, what a WONDERFUL class that was. I will NEVER forget my wonderful physics partner (you know who you were...100 points to the person that guesses who my partner was EVERY SINGLE TIME!) - I will never forget the projects or the hovercraft or mailing a Pringle to the school. Mrs. Gwinn, I will never forget F=MA!!!

2000 was the year that the public, over the PA, prayer before a football game got taken out of the lineup in Texas. I will never forget my experience in trying to change that. Thank you to those of you that supported me in that endeavor. It taught me a lot!

2000 was the year that Thomas and I began our "countdown to marriage!" I think it was supposed to be sometime in 2005, but I don't remember, actually. I DO remember the flip-chart I had in my room forEVER. Everyday I would pull off a number to leave the number of days we had until we would get married. I remember it was somewhere in the 2000s when I started and somewhere in the 1800s when I fell off the bandwagon! I remember coloring page after page of numbers in Speech class. Kelly Tillman helped me...good times!

I remember Teresa Hassell having a FREAKED out look when she saw us fighting one day before class. She couldn't believe it!! haha I remember making out in our car (sorry mom and dad) before school. My kids won't be allowed to sit in their car with a member of the opposite sex either...I understand now! I remember Thomas leaving for Seattle with the choir, and me staying home. I remember crying my EYES out in the rain while my best friend, Chrissy Warren, consoled me!! (Drama, right?) I remember the notebook that Thomas brought back to me from Seattle. He had written me a note every day he was there and then gave it back to me when he got back. We continued that for a long time. The last note in that notebook was to him, from me, on our wedding day!!

I remember worrying about going "off" (more like across town) to college and leaving him in high school. I remember wondering if we would really make it or if SO MANY NAYSAYERS were right that we would break up. (Guess we proved 'em wrong huh honey?)

WOW - 10 years has gone by SO fast. I can't believe my reunion is coming up. But, I couldn't be happier that I'm taking the same wonderful man with me that I took to all my proms!!

10 years, a great job, a cute house, a wonderful family, an A-W-E-S-O-M-E (hehe...love you honey) marriage and a beautiful baby later. Thank you Thomas. You are the love of my life! PHS - 143 - OLIFE!

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh, how I love it! You should to an "In ten years" too! Consider yourself tagged for that puppy! So glad you're back to blogging!

Lindsey said...

This was so sweet!

Katie said...

I have never done this, either. Great idea. ; )

Thanks for your prayers, girl.

TheSmellyArmpit said...

What a fun post!!! Thanks for the insight into your life 10 years ago! FUN!

Sara Nickson said...

Love this! How fun. My story is similar to yours. Love our sweethearts!

Lianna Knight said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment...I love YOUR blog title too :)

Please come back and enter my giveaway...you'll LOVE it!

And what a precious little family you have!! I noticed your hubbies jacket says Canton on it...are you in Texas? I am from Houston :)

Blessings,
Lianna