Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Rockin' and Rollin'!

Malachi Rolled Over!!!



It was so exciting. Last night, we were at my parents' house and I was sitting in my dad's HUGE recliner (it's called "The Beast") and Malachi was laying on the footrest on his tummy!


Malachi normally HATES tummy time. He's getting REALLY good at holding his upper half up with his arms and looking around, but I think he gets frustrated after a little while. Anyway, my mom, my dad, Thomas, Kali and Chana (two college girls who work for my mom) were all playing Wii and laughing our butts off! All the sudden, Malachi arched his back and picked his right leg up. By this time I had yelled at everyone to look and after a few seconds IT HAPPENED! Okay, I know it's probably a fluke, but it was SOOO cool! For 12 weeks we've been watching and waiting for these milestones to start! He's started gurgling and talking (mostly just to me but sometimes to dad and Lolli) and he's smiling SOOO big! I know it could be another month before he does it again, but we got to put his little "Rolled Over" sticker on August the 5th on his baby calendar! We're SO proud!

On another front, we went to the Dr. on Monday to get the REST of his 2 month shots and got him weighed and measured again. He weighs - are you ready for this - 11lbs 12 oz!!! He has gained a pound and 5 oz in just 2 weeks! He also grew 1 1/2 inches!! The Dr. is So happy with his progress, as are we! The only thing is that we are killing ourselves carrying him around! haha I know we'll look back in a year and laugh at that statement, but it's so funny that in 2 1/2 months he has gone from 5 lbs 13 oz and 18 3/4 inches to 11 lbs 12 oz and 24 inches!! He's getting SO BIG!

I just got off the phone with my mom and he's been REALLY fussy at daycare all morning, so I've got to call the Dr. and see what they say! But, I thought I'd let everyone know of the new developments!! I'll update soon!!

2 comments:

TheSmellyArmpit said...

Hey! It is a small world! I pulled that video from another Thankful Thursday blogger. Crazy!

That's great about Malachi's milestones! It's so much fun watching the little babies grow. :)

b said...

That's great! You'll be chasing him around the house in no time!