Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fly to Jesus



This post is dedicated to a wonderful woman who went to be with Jesus last night. Grandma Elliott, we will all miss you.

I never heard you complain, I never saw you frown. Even in the end, you were at peace knowing that you were safe in your Creator's arms.

Taking Malachi to see you so many times is a memory I will never forget. He was always so calm in your arms. You just had that way with him. Even if he was a little fussy, we would get to your room and he would calm down immediately! We will tell him of his wonderful Great Grandmother and the love that you had for him. I am sorry that you never got to meet Elliot Grace. I know that you wanted so badly to see her, but I know that you are in Heaven watching over both she and Malachi right now. In fact, I know that Heaven rejoiced when you entered it's gates.

What a splendor you must be experiencing right now!! Go to your husband and spend eternity with him. I know you've been waiting a long time to see him again. Go to David and Moses and Noah and talk about all the wonderful works they performed in God's name. Go to Malachi's sweet twin whom we never got to meet and please let him know how much his parents love him even though they never got to meet him. Tell him that we will all be together again one glorious day. Most importantly of all, go to Jesus and thank Him for dying on the cross so that we might all see His glory one day. Thank Him for saving my soul and your own. We talked many times about our relationships with Christ and how important they are. Know that we will do everything we can to raise Malachi in a loving, Christian home so that he will one day come to know Christ himself.

Saying goodbye yesterday was hard, but knowing that I WILL see you again one day, and that you were ready to go made it so much easier to bear. I promise I will take care of Thomas and be the loving, supportive wife that I know you were and that I'm supposed to be. I promise to be the best mother I can be to Malachi like you were to your children. I promise that Malachi will know who his Grandma Elliott was and we will pray that one day he will marry a woman as virtuous as you were.

Go sing with the angels and praise God for eternity. Lay your crowns at God's feet. Walk on the streets of gold. Touch the gates made of pearl. Enjoy your mansion - I know it must be too beautiful for my finite mind to comprehend. God has made you new, as He promised He would.

We love you - We miss you - Thank you for blessing our lives!

Psalms 116:15 Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints.

3 comments:

stephanie brock said...

Thank you for writing this wonderful letter to Helen. She touched my life greatly. I will miss her a lot. Congradulations on your new baby. I can't wait to see him. We will see you on Sunday.
Love in Christ
Stephanie Brock

TheSmellyArmpit said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. So glad to know that she loved Jesus and now gets to be with Him!

Unknown said...

This is so sweet :) I am hoping that Antonio gets to meet some of my grandparents.

I have 3 more weeks (including this week) at home before I go back to work. We are actually going to be in Lubbock on the weekend of the 30th. Do you ever find time to go to the LBK?