Monday, December 1, 2008

Not Me Monday

Okay, so I've skipped a couple of weeks of Not Me Monday. To tell you the truth, sometimes I wish I was NOT ME. Sometimes with a screaming, fussy, uncomfortable, upset baby, I wish I was not me. But, alas, I AM me, so here we go with another week's worth of MckMama's Not Me Monday.

I am NOT going to begin this post by shamelessly plugging my cousin, Angela's, adorable business, Sophie's Sassy Stitches , in which she makes ADORABLE handmade clothing for little girls (and a few for special little boys too!!) Check her out as she just put out some REALLY CUTE new Christmas outfits!!

I most certainly did not have a really rough week last week with Malachi. He was NOT fussy, NOT spitting up and NOT taken to the Dr. 5 times over the course of one week. He also is NOT at the Chiropractor right now with my mom for number 6 visit. AND, I am NOT waiting for the clock to hit 8:30 to call the Dr. again and explain to them, AGAIN, that this ISN'T working and something ISN'T RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

And now, I am not sitting at work, trying diligently not to let the tears that have welled up in my eyes make it out and risk looking like a hysterical mother after fighting as hard as I have to get some respect for my capabilities.

I am not praying right now begging God to give me a different job, one that I will be happy at and one in Canyon so I can be closer to my precious little boy.

We did not have a great time with all of our family on Thanksgiving. We most certainly did NOT get up and go to Lolli and Pops' house early Thanksgiving morning to remake "Ninny pie" for the 2nd time because the first one didn't set up. Nope, not me, I'm a perfect baker. (The 2nd one did and it was delicious!)

We did not play with our new "Magic Bullets" all weekend making frozen hot chocolate, pirate juice (ask my 4 year old nephew) and omelets.

We did not go shopping this weekend and get some new curtains, some embellishments for our bedroom and Christmas presents for Kadi and Karter.

My husband and I did not, nope not us, work on getting together a list of all of the things that we would like to get done with our house before the new year and then proceed to sit down, watch a House episode I recorded and then leave the house without getting a single item accomplished.

But, we also did not leave to go to Babies R Us to get Malachi a brand new carseat. No more infant carriers for us!!! He's graduated on to the Big daddy of carseats. (pictures will most certainly NOT be posted once I take them)

Finally, we did not lay down in bed last night, baby sleeping down the hall and profess to each other how happy we are to be together and how glad we are that we are rebuilding our relationship after what has proven to be a difficult year (for several reasons.) We did not hold each other and go to sleep peacefully, knowing that if all else fails, we will have each other and all we need is Daddy, Mommy and Mali to make it. Scratch that, all we need is GOD, Daddy, Mommy and Mali to make it!
And that's all I've got folks of Not Me Monday. Check back next week to see if I'm on or off the bandwagon!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This past week (and weekend) did NOT go completely horribly, though. Although Thanksgiving was a little rough for Malachi, Friday was great. We bought a sling/backpack type contraption to carry Malachi around in and he LOVED it. He was looking around and overall in a GREAT mood. I felt like Friday I had my little boy back. He played in the floor Friday night and just giggled down to his toes with his daddy. It was the BEST!!!
Saturday, though, it all started again. I've already gotten to speak to the Dr.'s office again and the nurse is supposed to be calling me back. I really am frustrated and I really DON'T know what to do. I guess our next step is trying another different formula, soy or goatsmilk maybe? We've had him on Zantac for a week and it just isn't making a difference AT ALL. I tried giving him cereal this morning and just received a call from my mom that it's all coming back up. So, WHAT NOW??? I've gotten a few messages from people who had some suggestions, but I think I'm going to see about getting Malachi into an internist to find out what's going on and why my 6 month old can't hold anything down!! Again, please just pray that God will get us through this hard time and that He will put His hands on Malachi and either heal him, or make it CLEAR to us what's wrong and give us a solution so we can get back to normal!
On the Way to Aunt Gra and Uncle Jim's House for Thanksgiving

Cousin MoMo and Malachi - I don't know which face is worse??

Our Thanksgiving Portrait

L to R - Hannah Grace, Kelly, Aunt Gradena, MoMo, Lolli and Mommy

RAARRRRR - You T-Rex have nothing on my gums of steel!!!


2 comments:

Jaden Berkeley and Mia said...

You got the magic bullet??!! Do you love it? I have been wanting one soo bad!

Unknown said...

Awwwww!! I LOVE the family picture. Your hair looks really good :)

How is Malachi doing today? It makes me so sad to hear that your little angel doesn't feel well. You are definitely a strong Mommy.

We will be coming into town Dec.19th through Dec 22. We HAVE to see each other and have our babies meet!