Thursday, December 4, 2008

Promised Updates

We took Malachi back to the Chiropractor one last time today. What happened? He threw up all over her table. One more doctor has seen it!!

What did she say? GOAT'S MILK GOAT'S MILK GOAT'S MILK!! She's been begging us for a couple of weeks, but I've been hesitant for several reasons.
  1. It's something very different than what most people (here in the US anyway) give their babies.
  2. I've read a lot on the internet about it and a lot of people say it's lacking in the nutrients/vitamins babies need. Her answer to that? Breastfed babies only get a portion of the nutrients the mother eats. Do all breastfeeding mothers eat perfectly and get the perfect amount of nutrients and vitamins they need, much less their babies need? NO. (Any breastfeeding mothers, please don't take this as a slam, I think the fact that you are breasfeeding is wonderful and I think it's what is best for your children, it just wasn't right for us - Every mother has to make the decision she has to make about breastfeeding vs bottlefeeding and we made the decision that was right for us!)
  3. My Dr. isn't crazy about the idea. But, I'm not crazy about the excuse that sometimes babies just spit up. And, ultimately, he's my baby and I've got to make the decisions I've got to make about what's best for him!

The Chiropractor actually looked at what he vomited up and she really made good sense. I thought that the reason that his spit-up/vomit was clear sometimes is because he's drooling more. Nope, the formula is heavy, settles to the bottom of his little stomach and he's vomiting up the water. Then, the water is gone, all his little tummy is left with is formula to digest and there's hardly any liquid left. Hence, the constipation. Is it all REALLY this simple? I don't know. I'M HOPING SO!!! It really makes perfect sense.

Goat's milk is supposed to be easier to digest for babies (actually, for anyone) and is closer to human milk than cow's milk. Click here for more information.

So, off to Eat Rite today at lunch for Goat's milk.

Wish us Well!!!

No comments: