Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Politics Blog - If you don't like it, write your own!

**WARNING - This blog is going to be typed as my subconscious speaks to me, I'm not going to censor myself on this one and I'm not going to change anything I originally type, I'm just going to type and go with it**

I've been thinking about writing this blog since early this morning when I woke up and realized that we've just taken a definite turn in this country. A couple of weeks ago I was speaking to my mom and my other best friend, Donna about the upcoming election. I told them I probably wasn't even going to vote. As a Christian, God knows what's going to happen and it doesn't really matter because He knows where the world is headed, whether or not I vote. Then, I came to the realization that yes, God is on the throne and yes, He does know what's going to happen. But it's also my responsibility to vote and participate. So, I voted. (Can you guess how based on what you've read so far???) (Okay...stopping to erase, but telling myself I said I wouldn't do that, so we continue) Then, last night, I got home and asked Thomas to please not watch anything about the election. I wanted to delay the inevitable as long as I possibly could. And, when I had finished feeding my precious little boy and had put him in bed, it was time to go to sleep for mommy and daddy. We crawled in bed and hunkered down under the covers for what we hoped would be a peaceful night. Then, while Thomas was flipping through the channels, I heard what I thought I heard and peeked out from under the covers to ask if that really is what I had heard. He had won the election. (I just typed "Barack Ob"...and then had to stop myself because, frankly, I don't want his name anywhere near my blog.) Is that stupid to some people? Maybe. But, it's where I'm at and hey, I gave a warning that this was all stream of consciousness. I immediately prayed to God to please protect my family and my incredible son. I told Thomas it was all over and he turned the TV off. You see, I believe we are getting close to the time when Christ will make his triumphant return to this Earth. I believe we are living in the end times. Do I think He (not the ultimate HE but, the He I'm referencing in this blog) is the Anti-Christ? I don't know. That question has been posed by a local preacher here and I would have loved to have sat in on his service to hear the research he's done into the topic. But, I wasn't.

I do believe that America has completely turned its back on God though. We are actually debating whether or not to keep marriage as between man and woman. Really? Is that a gray area in the Bible? I don't think so. Scratch that. NO IT'S NOT! Leviticus 18:22 says "Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is an abomination." I was talking to my mom this morning about the election and where we think the country is headed and we both agreed that we are scared. Not for ourselves. As long as I maintain the track I'm on with God and Thomas and I raise Malachi the way we are supposed to, God will protect us. But, America is turning away from God at a scarier pace than ever before. I actually asked my mom if it would have been better just to leave Malachi's sweet soul in Heaven so he wouldn't have had to go through all of this world's heartaches and troubles and live in such a vile world. She told me that it would not have been better and that it is now my responsibility to ensure that he is raised right. Who knows? God knows why Malachi is here and I believe He could use Malachi for great and mighty things.

So, is America in trouble? Yes! Is it anything God didn't expect? NO. Does God have the power and ability to wipe this country out by simply speaking it out of existence? YES! One day, every knee will bow to God and every tongue will confess that HE is Lord. One day, this world will KNOW who is in charge. Until then, Christians, it is our responsiblity to maintain our faith and our testimony. I have been greatly challenged by the Lord lately about some of my actions. And, it's becoming more and more clear to me that people can see one of two things when they see me. They can see a cold Christian who goes through the motions. Or, they can see Christ in me. It's pretty much that simple. It's time that we stand up for our God. I'm sick of people standing by (and I'm one of those people...) and allowing evil to triumph. Many conservative radio hosts have likened the turning over of the government in America to him to what Germans did when Hitler was put in charge. I don't know about you, but I REFUSE to sit back and allow an Auschwitz or in my back yard.

God, I pray right now that you will please be with our country. We've already been promised that we WILL face challenges once the new president takes office, and that was a promise made by the new VP elect. He said we would be challenged by foreign countries...that scares me. But, I rest in the fact that you are still on the throne and that you are still in control. Please keep Malachi safe and help me to be the best mom I can be and help me to raise him to learn what an awesome God we serve. Help me to raise him to listen for you. Help me to raise him to SEE YOU in ME! Most of all...please Lord, help ME to say in your will. Help ME to listen and to portray your image in all I do.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You wrote "Until then, Christians, it is our responsiblity to maintain our faith and our testimony."

There are Christians all accross the isles of politics. And I believe that we all love our children the way you describe that you love your own, regardless of ideology.

I've always loved your honesty and the fact that we can be so different yet so much alike and can still be friends.

I agree with you that our country is in bad shape and it's going to take all of us together to get it back to a healthy place.

I'm glad you voted.

Anonymous said...

Something so does not leave anything